A list of news and blog posts and other web items we stumbled upon in the past week…
- UAE may run out of groundwater by 2030 (Gulf News) – UAE’s high water consumption level and limited natural groundwater recharge are quickly depleting available freshwater resources.
- California Drought: Snowpack Report Briefings ( Circle of Blue) – California Department of Water Resources officials are set to hold a press conference this week on April 1, where it is expected that they will announce the lowest snowpack in state history.
- Water, security, and the state (Reinventing Peace Blog) – Opinion post argues that “a strong argument can be made, for example, for the re-examination of water management cases through the lens of human security rather than state sovereignty”.
- The Waters Beneath (Foreign Policy) – Featuring pictures from around the world, Balazs Gardi asks about water “Who produces it? Who owns it? And who profits from it?”
- CASA radar tracks tornadoes down the street and up to the minute, literally! (Science Nation) – “smaller, smarter, and faster radar systems could save lives” when it comes to tornadoes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Bringing Water Outside the Cup (The Daily Water) – Blog featuring articles about water issues worldwide.